Microblading in Beverly Hills
Microblading in Beverly Hills is becoming more and more popular for a reason. It’s a variation on permanent make-up that goes beyond simply tattooing coloring onto the skin. Especially for work on the eyebrow area, it looks dramatically more similar to real eyebrow hair than other kinds of permanent makeup in Los Angeles. The process is not completely different, but the work is more detailed, with each dot of pigment injected separately but rapidly. While the long lasting results are not actually permanent – they typically stay on for approximately two years – patients are consistently delighted with results that most people cannot distinguish from actual eyebrow hair. Aside from replacing thinning brows or substituting for mascara, microblading is also used by cancer patients and alopecia sufferers who want an appearance that doesn’t attract attention.
How does Microblading Work?
Microblading is detailed process that involves several steps. Here’s a summary of how things generally go:
- After consulting with you, our microblading professional, Ellie, works up a series of sketches to determine exactly the shape and coloring that will work best in your case.
- We then set a date for the microblading procedure itself. Prior to the day, it’s important for patients to take a number of steps, such as refraining from using blood thinning NSAID pain relievers such as aspirin and ibuprofen (Advil). You will be given a complete list of the things you need to do before your work gets done.
- When the day of the procedure arrives, we will begin by taking about ten minutes the fully numb the brow area with a topical anesthetic. Ellie prides herself on making procedures as comfortable for the patient as possible.
- Next, we will use a row of extremely thin needles to inject pigments under the very top layer of skin (the dermis). As we continue, we will use thousands of these tiny injections to embroider a highly realistic and very flattering facsimile of natural eyebrows.
- Once the procedure is completed, we will provide you with a list of detailed aftercare instructions that will inform you on what to expect as tissue heels and the pigments settle in. For example, it will be necessary to the keep the area moisturized with vitamin A&D ointment and you should refrain from washing your face with water or showering for the two days following the procedure. Swimming and activities like exercise that involved sweating should be avoided for 7-10 days. Otherwise, you should be able to resume your daily activities immediately.
- Initially, the eyebrows may appear overly dark and bold. Over time, however, the appearance of your microblading work will soften and change in a number of ways. We will alert you what to look out for so you won’t be alarmed by certain stages that may not appeal to you. Over time, however, you should find that the eyebrows look better and better.
- After a period of approximately 6-8 weeks, it will be time to come in for a final touch-up. This will be an opportunity for us to address any issues and make subtle improvements so that the client will be happy with their eyebrows for as long as the work lasts.
Get Started with Microblading Today
If you are interested in a microblading procedure, Ellie and our enter team here at Beverly Hills Permanent Makeup would love to hear from you. We also provide a variety of other semi-permanent cosmetic solutions, including Semi-Permanent Lip Makeup.
To get started, call us at (424) 247-6411 or reach out to us through our contact page.